Would you like to be a guest on DIY with MRL? Do you have something you’d like to share with my listeners?
You can apply here: Be Our Guest on DIY with MRL podcast
Please know that I value your time so I have included a few suggestions that may be helpful for you before our official interview, which is a conversation I look forward to.
Tips to Reduce Unwanted Noises
- Use headphones (e.g. your MP3 player’s ear-buds) instead of your computer’s speakers so your microphone doesn’t pick up an echo of the interviewer’s voice
- Mute your cell-phone
- Close all programs on your computer that make sounds, e.g. email, Facebook etc.
- In your Skype settings click the “Mute all sounds” button on the “Sounds” tab to eliminate Skype sounds from the podcast. We will be doing a video Skype, but only recording the audio portion. I find it’s easier to know when the other is about to speak.
- Close external windows and doors to minimize noises from outside
- Ask anyone in the house to be quiet whilst you’re being interviewed
- Please turn off all external sources of noise, such as t.v.s radios, etc.
- Switch off noisy air-conditioning or fans
- Don’t fidget: eliminate chair noises, table kicks, pen clicks, paper rustling etc.
- Use a room with soft furnishings rather than an echoey room like a kitchen
- Close the curtains / drapes in your room as this helps to reduce echoes
- Don’t touch your microphone during the interview
- When we say our goodbyes, don’t hang up
Please send a hi-res image of you or your logo to email@example.com for promotional purposes.
Some of the questions that may be asked:
- What was your largest DIY, what was good or bad about it?
- What’s your favorite repurposed project (if you have one)
- Please share your best learned tip, and who taught you (mom, dad, grandpa etc)
- Is there anything you would like to ask ME?
I want to make this a pleasant experience for you, if you have any questions at all, please let me know.