This is a pretty easy project and very useful too!
I am excited to show you how I made it! Let’s get started!
How to make a DIY Magazine Rack:
* This post contains affiliate links that help me at not cost to you! Read more.
- 2 small cabinet doors, mine were 16” wide 11 1/2” tall (or you can use plywood cut to desired size)
- scrap 1×2 wood pieces cut @ 15 degree angle 9 1/2” long point to long point, ends not parallel
- scrap 1×4 @ 16” (bottom)
- Any fabric (I used leather cause I had some I had gotten for free
- Scrap book paper (optional)
- Mod Podge Matte Finish (optional)
- Carpet tacks
- Wood Glue
- Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig
- Nail gun
- Wood Glue
- finishing supplies (spray paint)
- Hot Glue Gun
- paper, pencil, scissors
Step 1: Cut top aprons and bottom piece
Step 2: Sand and drill pocket holes
Once I had all my pieces cut I sanded them smooth. Then I used my Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig to drill 1/2” pocket holes into my aprons, drilled 1/2” pocket holes because my cabinet doors were 1/2” thick. You can drill pocket holes with an angled cut, your end just needs to sit flush with the bottom of the jig, so it will be at an angle.
see more of Mindi’s posts on MRL below: