Hey all, I wanted to send Gail a guest post so she can rest easy and not worry about posting to her blog. We bloggers stick together and help each other out when needed. I remember featuring Gail a LONG time ago, being completely stunned with her talent! I told her I’d send over a guest post, but warned her that I don’t build stuff. I glitter. Today I’m going to show you how to create DIY Glittered Jars!
It’s all about glitter lately, especially gold. I haven’t embraced the gold trend in home decorating again…..not just yet, but I am trying to incorporate it in small ways and gold glitter is perfect for that.
In our home, we need a fairly simple table centerpiece since we use our dining room table for dinner each night and for the occasional homework table. As much as I’d love to keep something more elaborate up, it’s just not functional since it needs to be easy to move. These glittered jars make the perfect Easy Fall Table Centerpiece. It’s simple, festive and easy to move when needed. Let’s make some jars!
How to Make DIY Glittered Jars
Gather your supplies:
- Mod Podge
- Jars (any glass decorative item will work)
- foam brushes
- Painters tape
- Glitter tray or paper towels
- Mask off your design. The non taped areas will be glittered
- Apply Mod Podge to your jar
- Holding the jar over your tray or paper towels, generously apply glitter, gently tap so the loose glitter will fall.
- Let dry for at least 4 hours
- Using a soft bristle brush, you can brush off any remaining glitter where it’s not supposed to be.
Because the tops looked a bit shabby, I tied ribbon around the top. I’ll add non-flammable candles or tea lights inside the jars. I love them!
Thank you Kim for sharing this great DIY Glitter Jar tutorial with My Repurposed Life readers! Love your jars, and who KNEW there was such a thing as a glitter tray! LOVE it!