This giveaway is now closed. You can see me install my locks and find out who won: Installing Kwikset SmartCode/SmartKey locks.
I was recently contacted to review and blog about the Kwikset SmartKey Lock! It’s available for you to buy at TheHomeDepot.com or your local The Home Depot store. If you are a regular reader you know how much I LOVE The Home Depot! I’m a frequent visitor to my local store. Some women like to go window shopping at clothing or shoe stores, but I’d rather peruse the aisles at Orange!
The Kwikset SmartKey really intrigues me! I stopped by the store recently to find out how it works. The fella at the store assured me that it takes longer to read about how to program the Kwikset SmartKey than it actually takes to do it. The Kwikset SmartKey lock gives homeowners the ability to quickly and easily re-key their own locks without removing them from the door.
There are lots of scenarios where I can see this system would be helpful. It offers one-key convenience for your home – you can re-key your front, back and side doors to the same Kwikset key.
If you are going on vacation, simply rekey the Kwikset SmartKey to a spare key for your neighbor to take care of pets and or plants. When you return home, quickly re-key to your key and the loaned out key will no longer work.
If you are having work done, and you need to loan a key to a contractor, after the work is done, re-key the Kwikset SmartKey and the contractor no longer has access to your home.
Aren’t they pretty? Well, they’re just not a pretty face, they are very strong and protective.
How about some specs?
● Kwikset SmartKey’s re-key technology features a patented side-locking bar, central to the locks’ ability to be rapidly and easily re-keyed. The bar replaces the traditional pin and tumbler design that is particularly vulnerable to increasingly popular lock-bumping attacks.
● Delivering outstanding strength and protection, SmartKey deadbolts have passed the most stringent lock picking standards and offer ANSI/BHMA certified Grade 1 security. Grade 1 security is the highest level of tested residential security available in the industry.
● Based on performance and features, Kwikset SmartKey deadbolts earned the prestigious Best Buy rating from Consumers Digest Magazine in the residential deadbolt lock category in February 2010.
I love the feature of the Kwikset SmartCode! You can lock your door with the touch of a button, and customize automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind. You can enter your home with your own customized code. Wouldn’t it be great to put your keys in your purse when you get out of your car, push some buttons and get in your house? It would be fabulous for me, because I spend a lot of time looking for my keys! I would know that my keys are in my purse!
Thank you to The Home Depot and Kwikset SmartKey for allowing me to be part of this promotion. I can’t wait to go shopping to pick out my new lock!
I’ve been following The Home Depot on Twitter and Facebook for a long time, I think you should too!
Are you ready for ANOTHER giveaway? One reader will receive a $50 The Home Depot gift card (this will be an e gift card to be used online, or printed to use at the store.)
How to enter:
- Tell me in a comment below what you think is the BEST reason to be able to re-key your lock in a matter of minutes. (MANDATORY)
- Follow The Home Depot on Twitter (leave me a separate comment below)
- Like The Home Depot on Facebook (leave me a separate comment below)
- Follow/Subscribe to My Repurposed Life? (leave a comment below)
- My Repurposed Life on twitter? (leave a comment below)
- My Repurposed Life on facebook? (leave a comment below)
That’s a possible 6 entries, but you must do #1 first. I really am curious how many ways this Kwikset SmartKey can be helpful.
Giveaway starts today and ends Friday, January 13, 2012 at 9 PM EST. One winner will be selected using Random.org from all eligible entries. US Residents, must be 18.
Many of my readers who have been entering my recent giveaways are no-reply bloggers or anonymous. You MUST leave an email address in the comment in order for me to reach you. Better yet, hop over to your blogger profile and check that little box that says “show email address.”
stay tuned to see which Kwikset SmartKey lock I choose!
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me to help promote their KwikSet Lock product. As part of this promotion, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.
I appreciate you reading my blog in your reader and/or via email.