This dresser was a curb find, I liked the “bones” of this beaut!
However she was a little rough around the edges.
You can see the veneer was peeling off the front of the drawers. Someone had also given her some “tattoos.”
Another drawer with peeling veneer.
The top of this dresser was that laminate type finish. I put two coats of primer on the top before I did anything else. I wanted to make sure it was going to “take.”
I used lots of wood glue and clamps to try to reattach the veneer.
A drawer with primer on it.
With Rustoleum Heirloom White.
Just like the end table I posted here I did not like the stark white color, so I did the Walnut stain wash over the Heirloom White. The top 2 drawers were the last for me to apply the stain because I had to wait for all the glue to dry.
I only had 5 drawer pulls, and it was one of those silly sizes. I couldn’t find any other pulls.
I sold this on Craig’s List. I was glad that I didn’t have to store it any longer, but more than that, I was glad she found a new home.