I have a fun project for you today. I changed out the screen from a vintage storm door with chicken wire.
I am taking part in a huge Flea Market show in Louisville over the 4 day Memorial Day weekend. I am not exactly sure what all I’m taking, but I will be be selling the Rustic Wedding Signs I sell on ETSY.
Then I replaced the trim pieces with some brad nails. This color isn’t a good representation of Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint (Tricycle). It looks too pink in these pictures.
This picture shows the true color better. I painted it with the milk paint, but I didn’t wax it. I wanted it to look old and weathered.
I attached a couple of boards about mid way up the back with some old sewing machine cabinet hinges.
I added a permanent brace across the bottom (back). The pieces on the left and right slip into place to keep it from collapsing.
You can see that it folds (closes) flat for storage and transporting when the left and right boards are removed.
The neighbor had cut some of the door off on this one side. I added a scrap piece to help the door sit right. Not shown, I added another piece and painted them with MMS milk paint.
I used “s” hooks to hang the signs. They work, but easily fall off the chicken wire. I will have to figure out another way to hang them.
I think this is going to work perfectly to hold my signs, and I LOVE the color! I have plans to make another display piece after I get back from my trip.
Check out my other two displays:
Check out other door projects here: [categorythumbnaillist 18]