What a job! Removing carpet so you can paint stairs!
Removing carpet, tack strip and staples is never an easy job.
I painted the risers white, and we decided that we shouldn’t stain the treads due to the wood putty.
This set of stairs is at the very end of Jamie’s house. They lead to her finished attic bedroom. If it were a grand staircase in the middle of the house things would be different.
The people who finished her attic (previous owners) were NOT perfectionists. But all in all I am pleased with how they turned out.
I hope that she likes them. I know she appreciates all my help. I was able to do several other things for her, one of which was fixing her light fixture in her upstairs bathroom. It quit working a couple of months ago, and she was using a lamp! I always figure it’s best NOT to work on electricity while alone, so I waited till she could help me. It ended up being only a loose wire in the switch. She watched me, and now I think she could change out a switch on her own.
I also painted her hand rail. Here, you can see that I put primer on it. I forgot to take a picture of it after I painted it. It was one of the last things I did Saturday morning before I left.
This is the top riser. You can see that it was quite a mess. That is a rigged up cable TV wire running across.
I cut a piece of luan (well, actually Handy Graham cut it for me, cause it was his luan and his table saw) It slipped on there quite nicely after I notched it. But that cable wire was still a problem .
While visiting Jamie I also stained a headboard and foot board for her (pictures to follow later this week, hopefully) helped her paint her office, and worked on her storm door (the glass was loose)