Maybe it’s a wooden spindle, a porch baluster, a bed part, or part of a chair, there are so many project ideas right here to inspire you! I’ve never met a wooden spindle I couldn’t repurpose into something useful or stylish!
Do you have a stash of bits and pieces with spindles and more? No? Oh, that’s me!
Sorting and Storing Spindles
From deep in the archives—I made some photo holders out of spindles way back in the day. But here’s my best tip to create the spiral to hold the photos. Wrap the wire around the spindle . . . You can see more in the post Photo Holder Tutorial if you’re brave enough to see one of my first blog posts!
Candlesticks & More Made with Wooden Spindles
Scrap Pile Candlesticks using chair parts!
Wooden Spindle Wall Decor
Use Wooden Spindles as Legs
This handy DIY Spindle Table was a custom build to hold a wooden tool chest used indoors for organization purposes. That’s the best thing about DIY, you can make something specific for YOUR needs!
This Easy Outdoor Side Table Made From Scraps is perfect for a beginner. I made this years ago before I started using a Kreg Jig. Following this tutorial, you can make a simple table with minimal tools.
Repurposed Crib Spindles make a great plate rack!
Spindle Ideas for Christmas
Cut Spindle Projects
In the post How to Make Cabinet Legs out of Bedposts, I’ll show you how I elevated a couple of window cabinets using old bedposts.
A DIY Lego Table was designed using cut crib spindles to represent the pegs on legos!
Wow, that's a LOT of projects! I hope you found something to make. I'd love to hear what you've made with random wooden parts, spindles, bedposts etc.
If you want to refer back to this collection, save it on Pinterest!
See More Great Collections Below
- 50 Headboard Bench Ideas
- 25 Repurposed Drawer Ideas
- DIY Planter Ideas for All Skill Levels
- Pet Projects, DIY for Your Fur Babies
- Projects For Children | Repurposed Beds & Cribs
- Kids Organization Ideas Using Repurposed Furniture
- Picture Frame Ideas For Home Decor & More
- Repurposed Furniture Old Dresser Ideas
- Project Ideas for Old Chairs
- 65 Chalkboard Ideas
- Window Projects
- Upcycled Projects & Home Reno Ideas
- Repurposed Table Ideas
- DIY Tray Ideas
- Repurposed Lamps, Chandeliers & More
- Reclaimed Fence Projects
- 35+ Cabinet Door Project Ideas
- Repurposed Sewing Machine Cabinet Ideas
- Repurposed Glass Ideas | Plates, Bottles, Jar
- Fall Decor Ideas | Thrifty Finds
- Old Beds | New Signs
- Rustic Fall Project Ideas
- How To Glaze Painted Furniture
Gail Wilson is the author and mastermind behind My Repurposed Life. She is obsessed with finding potential in unexpected places and believes that with a little hard work and imagination, any old thing can be made useful again, including herself!
Gail reinvented herself during a midlife crisis and has found purpose again. She hopes you will find new ideas for old things and pick up a few tools along the way.